Parents are asked to ensure that they either provide a packed lunch or if their child would like to order a hot school meal that, where applicable, they make a payment for lunches in advance via our online payment system Parent Pay.
School meals are provided by County Catering Services at a cost of £2.30 per lunch per day. Further details of current primary school menus can be found here http://www.staffordshire.gov.uk/education/schoolsandcolleges/cateringservice/cateringforprimaryschools/home.aspx
All children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 are now entitled to a Universal Free School Meal.
Free school meals
If you are in receipt of any of the below benefits, you must also apply to receive Free School Meals, even if your child receives a Universal Free School Meal:
- Income Support
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- eligible for Child Tax Credit but not Working Tax Credit and the household income (as used by HMRC to assess tax credits) is not more that £16,190. Please note: anyone eligible for Working Tax Credit, or if you have a partner and they receive it, regardless of Income, you will not qualify
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit (from 30th April 2005)
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- In receipt of the 4 week run on of working tax credit (this is where someone becomes unemployed or reduces their hours and so is no longer entitled to working tax credit but will continue to receive it for a further 4 weeks and is entitled to free meals during that time)
Staffordshire County Council provide an online Self checker which can be found here - http://www.staffordshire.gov.uk/education/educationalawardsbenefits/FreeSchoolMeals/home.aspx